Download Drafting Assistant Version 5.571.1015 (5.571.1022) (10/1/2021)
Download instructions for single and multiple desktop users
Complete the following steps to install Drafting Assistant software products on a single desktop using a wizard.
- Close Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the Proceed with download button below, save the installation file to your local hard drive, right click the file and select "Run as administrator."
- If you are prompted with a Security Warning dialog box, click Run.
- If you are prompted for a Windows user account, enter credentials for an administrator account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
File name: TRDT.exe
File size: 183 MB
Complete the following steps to install Drafting Assistant software products using an unattended installation.
- If desired, install prerequisite software first. The Prerequisite Software section below contains download links. If you don't install prerequisites, they are downloaded and installed automatically as needed during the Drafting Assistant installation.
- Click the Proceed with download button below.
- Run a Windows command prompt as an administrator. To access a command prompt, click Start, click Run, type cmd, and click OK.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation files (use the cd command) and then type: TRDT.exe /q /norestart
- Press Enter. Dialog boxes may be displayed during installation, but none require interaction.
The following support packages are available for individual download:
Here is the order and the commands to install the above components:
- If you currently have 4.xxx version installed and would like to install 5.xxx version it is required to uninstall 4.xxx version before 5.xxx version installer launch. If the current version installed starts with 5.xxxx, please ignore the below steps and move to step #2. In order to perform silent uninstall of previous version please use the aforementioned silent_thomson_reuters_utility.vbs following the next steps:
- Save silent_thomson_reuters_utility.vbs the script file to your local hard drive. Readme file with additional help on how to use silent_thomson_reuters_utility.vbs could be downloaded as well.
- Run a Windows command prompt as an administrator. Click Start, enter cmd in the Search field, right-click the cmd.exe application, and click Run as administrator.
- Enter the following command:
- After Uninstall is complete (if that was needed), Installation process could be launched:
- Save TRDT_setup.msi installer file to your local hard drive.
- Run a Windows command prompt as an administrator. Click Start, enter in the Search field, right-click the cmd.exe application, and click Run as administrator.
- Install the component as it is listed for your version of Microsoft Windows below:
64-bit Microsoft Windows: Desktop Framework: msiexec.exe /i [path_to_the_file]\TRDT_setup.msi INSTALLDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Thomson Reuters\TRIAD" /lv "%temp%\trdfinstall.log" /q /norestart
32-bit Microsoft Windows: Desktop Framework: msiexec.exe /i [path_to_the_script]\TRDT_setup.msi INSTALLDIR="%ProgramFiles%\Thomson Reuters\TRIAD" /lv "%temp%\trdfinstall.log" /q /norestart
File name: TRDT.exe
File size: 183 MB
Supported Operating Systems**
- Windows 10, 32-bit or 64-bit – Office 2013 (32-bit & 64-bit), Office 2016 (32-bit & 64-bit), Office 2019 (32-bit & 64-bit) Only
- Windows 7, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, and 2012 R2
*Note that "Home" editions of Windows are not supported.
Windows User Account
To install and update software, you must have administrator privileges on the computer.
Supported Word Processors
- Microsoft Word 2019, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft Word 2016, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft Word 2013, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft Word 2010, 32-bit or 64-bit
*Note these exceptions:
- Office 365 subscriptions are supported in the desktop version of Microsoft Office for Windows. Online versions of Microsoft Office are not supported at this time.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.
Please Note: Drafting Assistant relies on the Internet Explorer 11 Runtime. Microsoft will end support for the Internet Explorer 11 desktop application on certain operating systems on June 15, 2022. This action will not impact the security of the Drafting Assistant application, as Microsoft will continue to provide security updates for the Internet Explorer 11 Runtime. Please refer to this article for details.
- Personal computer with 1 GHz dual-core or faster processor
- At least 1 GB of RAM
- At least 2 GB of available space on the hard disk
Prerequisite Software (Installed Automatically If Needed)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- For Build Document access to Contract Express templates, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 is required. This will not be installed automatically.Please visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3186497/the-net-framework-4-7-offline-installer-for-windows for more information.
- Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies for your Office version
- Office 2010
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime
Note: The Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies for Office 2013, Office 2016 and Office 2019 are automatically installed with the product. For further information, visit microsoft.com.
- For Build Document access to Contract Express templates, Contract Express version 7.1 or later is required for full functionality. In addition, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 is required. This will not be installed automatically. Please visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3186497/the-net-framework-4-7-offline-installer-for-windows for more information.
Unless otherwise stated in your order form/contract, by downloading and using Drafting Assistant, you agree to the Thomson Reuters General Terms and Conditions Version 2 and, if applicable, the Product Specific Terms, both located at:
*Starting with release 5.541.1023 (5.541.1023), Drafting Assistant installation consists of two parts:
- Installation framework installed into the %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Thomson Reuters\TRIAD folder and providing core services for add-in startup and hosting product binaries
- Product binaries installed into the%LocalAppData%\TRIAD folder and containing business logic
The version numbering scheme includes a number for the installation framework, followed by the version number for the product binaries in parentheses. The product binaries contain business logic that can be updated more often than the installation framework. Product binaries are hosted by the installation framework that precedes the product binaries version. Therefore, the product binaries version number will be the same or newer than that framework version number. Product binaries can also be updated automatically without reinstalling Drafting Assistant.