PRACTICAL LAW CANADA: LAW DEPARTMENT
Essential toolkits to optimize your in-house law department and meet the needs of the business
Why Practical Law Canada: Law Department?
Whether you’re looking for high-quality legal know-how resources and legal updates or materials to improve your business knowledge and develop your soft skills, the centres available through Practical Law Canada: Law Department can help. Offered exclusively to businesses, these centres have been designed by and for in-house lawyers, to help you get up to speed quickly on unfamiliar areas of law and provide you with legal department operational insight so you can spend more time adding value to your business.
…Practical Law’s precedent documents have become an essential starting point for my draft of policies and corporate documents…
Available In-house Resource Centres
- Compliance Centre – a library of resources to help in-house lawyers design and implement regulatory and other legal compliance programs covering a wide range of legal requirements, including corporate governance, securities, competition, employment, information governance, bribery and corruption.
- Corporate Secretary Centre - a collection of resources for in-house lawyers and corporate secretaries to use when forming, maintaining and dissolving corporations, including forms of articles, by-laws, officer certificates, board, committee and shareholder resolutions, and other corporate housekeeping documentation. It also includes general corporate governance resources and guidance materials for use in briefing boards of directors.
- In-house Generalist Centre - including Toolkits, Checklists and Practice Notes, covering many key issues and matters in-house counsel commonly encounter.
- Law Department Management Centre – provides resources primarily related to Law Department Operations, Engaging and Managing Outside Counsel, and Ethics and Professional Responsibility.
- Training and Guidance Centre – a collection of PowerPoint™ presentations that can be used by in-house lawyers of a Canadian company to train the company's board of directors, business management and other employees (including other in-house lawyers). It covers a wide range of topics, including contract negotiations, cybersecurity, harassment prevention and litigation holds.
Meet the team
Our dedicated full-time lawyer-editors spend their days creating and maintaining resources they wish they had when they were practicing. They create these under the framework of helping you quickly understand what’s important, why it’s important, and how you should proceed.
Interested in learning more about Practical Law Canada: Law Department?
Complete the form or contact us directly at 1-844-717-4488.