Be prepared for every step in the litigation process.
Litigation research on Westlaw Canada connects with practical tools for evaluation, pleading preparation, arguing motions, trial preparation and more.
Be more confident with Practice Guides and Expert Commentary
Practice Guides and Expert Commentary contain annotations from expert authors to help you interpret the rules of the court. And to help prepare for your trial date, key texts on Witnesses, Evidence, and Advocacy ensure that you are ready for unexpected challenges.
Save hours of tedious work
More than 170,000 superbly organized actual Court Documents save you endless hours of tedious work digging for information – letting you present a polished case with much less effort. Learn more
- Actual pleadings/motion/facta from precedent setting Canadian cases (documents successfully submit in court)
- Court tested arguments to help support or differentiate your case with pleadings, motion documents and facta
- One search brings you all the related legal and factual content. From a case, link directly to related pleadings, motion documents and facta that seasoned litigators have used in court.
Guided by the case selection standards of 12 of the leading litigation focused case reporters from Thomson Reuters. See the list
Evaluate instantly what a claim is worth
Quantums zero in on the relevant information with results structured so you can confidently answer the critical question: How much is this claim worth?
8 topical Quantums service allow you to determine what similar cases have awarded and determine what a claim is worth. See how it works
Find the right witness that will help win your case
The information-rich Expert Witness Directory in Litigator provides profiles of experts from across Canada and the United States for a broad range of medical, technical, scientific, business, and family law issues. With the Expert Witness Directory, you have detailed information to choose an expert wisely or counter the opposition’s witness.
- Target your search by area of expertise
- Save time locating contact data
- Link to experts’ resumes and judgments in which an expert is mentioned
Uncover strengths and weaknesses in an expert’s knowledge or testimony. Every Litigator subscription also includes online versions of the following:
- ADR Professional Directory Contains profiles of individuals and organizations from across Canada who engage in Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Canadian Lawyer Directory Contains more than 30,000 profiles of lawyers, law firms, and government ministries and departments from all Canadian jurisdictions, including contact information.
Create a table of authorities quickly and easily
With Drafting Assistant, it's never been easier to instantly review your case citations on your drafted documents and quickly generate a table of authorities with your facta, motions or memos.
See How it Works
Tools that deliver answers and efficiency with the flexible all-in-one search box, Westlaw Canada lets you simultaneously search across different content types with a single query and delivers you the best results faster. Search results are ranked by relevance and sorted by content type, so you can find what you need in minutes, not hours.
- 1. Federated
- 2. Pleadings, motion and fata documents as prepared
- 3. Quantum Services
- 4. Legal Memoranda
- 5. Strategic Litigation Collection
- 6. Personal Injury Practical Guidance
- 7. Text Annotations
- 8. All Witnesses, Evidence and Advocacy Commentary
- 9. eLooseleafs on ProView
- 10. Checklists (not in Litigator search)
- 11. Legal Directories
- 12. Rules Concordance
- 13. Resources
- 14. Practice Advisors
More Litigation Solutions available on Westlaw Canada
Litigation research on Westlaw Canada connects with practical tools for evaluation, pleading preparation, arguing motions, trial preparation and more. Enhance your Litigator subscription with the following solutions:
Request free demo
Fill out this brief form to complete your free demo request