Quick and easy access to all the resources you need for estate planning, estate administration, and litigation.
Estates&TrustsSource is a collection of resources essential for an Estates, Trusts and Wills practice.
Designed to meet both the research and workflow needs of all three types of estates practitioners: planners, administrators and litigators, Estates&TrustsSource will make it more easy and efficient for you to quickly create customized wills; find all related case law and legislation, and precedents and forms to deliver the best results for your clients.
See how it works
Estates&Trusts Home Page is built to allow you to efficiently handle any estates and trusts matter whether your practice involves estate planning, estate administration and estate litigation.
Whether you're creating a simple will or a complex estate plan, our tools and resources will help you get the job done. Get access to fillable forms such as Trusts, Deeds, Domestic Contracts, Powers of Attorney, Life Insurance Declarations and many more.
Histrop's Estate Planning Precedents
Access a highly regarded, well-drafted, always current, and comprehensive collection of precedents in a fully searchable online format.
Build-a-Will: Create customized, authoritative documents in minutes
Create customized, authoritative documents in minutes utilizing precedent clauses from Histrop's Estate Planning Precedents. Reduce the time spent drafting and researching alternate clauses and gain efficiency in preparing high-quality, client ready wills.
Access commentary and practical guidance along with a collection of forms and letters used in estate administration. Fillable statutory and authored forms such as checklists, letters, and precedents reduce the time spent drafting, editing and entering repetitive information. Court forms are fully formatted according to varying provincial standards and ready for filing. Printable checklists ensure that you don't miss any steps or information.
Pleadings, Motions and Facta
Pleadings, Motions and Facta Get the competitive advantage with access to actual Court Documents from leading Canadian Civil litigation actions. Gain a full understanding of legal arguments and be prepared with the insight you need to craft compelling arguments.
Dependants' Relief Quantums
Find out what a claim is worth in a matter of minutes. Access 30 years of Canadian Cases in which the courts have overruled the provision of a will and awarded a dependant from the estate assets.
This simple but powerful plan gives you access to regularly updated related Estates, Trusts & Wills case law and statutes, complete with the exclusive KeyCite citation service, as well as authoritative commentary.
- Estates & Trust Case Law Collection
- The Canadian Abridgment Case Law Digests
- The Canadian Abridgment eDigests
- Rules Concordance
- KeyCite Canada
- Law Report Articles, Journals and Law Reviews
- The Canadian Encyclopedic Digest
- Index to Canadian Legal Literature
- Words & Phrases
- Estates and Trusts Commentary
- Waters’ Law of Trusts in Canada, 3rd Edition (Waters et al.)
- Widdifield on Executors and Trustees (Theriault, ed.)
- Estate Planning Precedents: A Solicitor’s Manual (Histrop
- Estate Litigation, 2nd Edition (Schnurr)
- Estate Planning Handbook, 3rd Edition (Allen and Quinlan)
- Estate Administration Manuals for Jurisdiction-Specific Guidance (practical step-by-step estate administration guidance; interactive checklists; fillable authored forms, documents and correspondence)
- Armstrong’s, Ontario Estate Administration Manual with provincial equivalents available for Alberta (Koski), British Columbia (Seckel), Manitoba (Geisbrecht), Saskatchewan (Hildebrandt), Atlantic Canada (Adlington) (new edition of Howlett, Estate Matters in Atlantic Canada).
WestlawNext Estates, Trust & Wills Solutions
Price varies by plan features
Take your research to the next level by adding other secondary sources, including expertly written forms, legal memos, newsletters, journals, and practice tools.
- Pleadings, Motions, Facta
- Dependents’ Relief Quantums
- Estates, Trusts and Pensions Journal
- Legal Memos - 6500+ legal memoranda on Estates
- O’Brien’s Encyclopedia of Forms, Division V, Wills and Trusts
- Proof of Facts – Estates