Be prepared for every step in the litigation process.
Litigation research on WestlawNext Canada connects with practical tools for evaluation, pleading preparation, arguing motions, trial preparation and more.
Be more confident with Practice Guides and Expert Commentary
Practice Guides and Expert Commentary contain annotations from expert authors to help you interpret the rules of the court. And to help prepare for your trial date, key texts on Witnesses, Evidence, and Advocacy ensure that you are ready for unexpected challenges.
Save hours of tedious work
More than 170,000 superbly organized actual Court Documents save you endless hours of tedious work digging for information – letting you present a polished case with much less effort. Learn more ›
- Actual pleadings/motion/facta from precedent setting Canadian cases (documents successfully submit in court)
- Court tested arguments to help support or differentiate your case with pleadings, motion documents and facta
- One search brings you all the related legal and factual content. From a case, link directly to related pleadings, motion documents and facta that seasoned litigators have used in court.
Guided by the case selection standards of 12 of the leading litigation focused case reporters from Thomson Reuters. See the list ›
Evaluate instantly what a claim is worth
Quantums zero in on the relevant information with results structured so you can confidently answer the critical question: How much is this claim worth?
8 topical Quantums service allow you to determine what similar cases have awarded and determine what a claim is worth. See how it works ›
Find the right witness that will help win your case
The information-rich Expert Witness Directory in Litigator provides profiles of experts from across Canada and the United States for a broad range of medical, technical, scientific, business, and family law issues. With the Expert Witness Directory, you have detailed information to choose an expert wisely or counter the opposition’s witness.
- Target your search by area of expertise
- Save time locating contact data
- Link to experts’ resumes and judgments in which an expert is mentioned
Uncover strengths and weaknesses in an expert’s knowledge or testimony. Every Litigator subscription also includes online versions of the following:
- ADR Professional Directory Contains profiles of individuals and organizations from across Canada who engage in Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Canadian Lawyer Directory Contains more than 30,000 profiles of lawyers, law firms, and government ministries and departments from all Canadian jurisdictions, including contact information.
Create a table of authorities quickly and easily
See How it Works
More Litigation Solutions available on WestlawNext Canada
Legal case management software helps you organize, analyze, and collaborate on even the most complex cases.
Kim Spencer McPhee Class Action Monitor
Stay up to date on class actions across Canada. Get insightful analysis of the latest class actions, as well as case updates, news and special-focus articles.Get sample ›
Practical Law Canada
Make more of your limited time with trusted answers when you need them most.Learn more ›
The largest collection of texts and annotations for authored commentary.Explore the advantages ›
Causes of Action, Defences, and Remedies
Plot case strategies from both perspectives. Confidently and quickly identify all relevant case law on a particular cause of action from across all Canadian courts.Learn more ›
Personal Injury Practical Guidance
Never miss a step or relevant consideration with the 'how-to tool' kit.Learn more ›
Rules of Civil Procedure Concordance
Topical concordances of the rules of practice
Insolvency Court Filings
Full text of court filings made under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act, the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, or related Canadian legislation in which a party was represented by a member of the Insolvency Institute of Canada.
Merkur Damages Calculator
Calculator quickly assess the value of a personal injury claim using different assumptions.Learn more ›
Proof of Facts
Quickly gather the evidence that matters, prepare for questioning witnesses more efficiently and save time on drafting examination and cross-examination questions.Learn more ›
This simple but powerful plan gives you access to Litigator a revolutionary workflow solution.
- Case Law
- The Canadian Abridgment Case Law Digests
- The Canadian Abridgment eDigests
- Rules Concordance
- KeyCite Canada
- Law Report Articles, Journals and Law Reviews
- The Canadian Encyclopedic Digest
- Index to Canadian Legal Literature
- Words & Phrases
- Practice Guides and Expert Commentary
- 10 Annotated Rule Books
- Archibald’s Annual Review of Civil Litigation
- Practice Advisor (Current Awareness)
- Legal Directories (Canadian, Canadian/US Expert Witness Directory, Lawyers Directory, Mediators and Arbitrators Directory)
- Rules of Civil Procedure Concordance
- Drafting Assistant
- Court documents collections
Add the following products to your Litigator collection for complete confidence
- Civil Litigation Commentary and Checklists
- Any other Court Documents collections
- Business Law Reports
- Cases on Employment Law
- Cases on the Law of Insurance
- Cases on Law of Torts
- Pensions and Benefits
- Environmental Law Reports
- Construction Law Reports
- Carswell’s Practice Case
- Estates&Trust Reports
- Intellectual Property Cases
- Municipal and Planning Reports
- Real Property Reports
- Kim Spencer McPhee Class Action Monitor
- Personal Injury Practical Guidance including Merkur Damages Calculator
Enhancements to Litigator
Take your litigation solutions to the next level. Try these additional litigation enhancements.
- Causes of Action, Defences and Remedies
- Proof of Facts Collection
- ProView eBooks and eLLooseleafs
- Legal Memos
- Practical Law
- Case Notebook