Practical Law Canada: Employment
Cross-Canada employment law insight to serve clients more effectively
Why Practical Law Canada Employment
Practical Law Canada Employment provides cross-jurisdictional insight on a spectrum of employment law topics to help you stay on top of key changes in the law and confidently address matters.
Subtopics in Employment
- Contracts: surveys common issues that counsel will encounter in drafting or reviewing workplace contracts
- Corporate Transactions: resources touch on the employment law implications related to the purchase and sale of a corporation
- New – Discipline, Performance & Investigations: collection of resources on advising on worker performance and workplace misconduct
- Health & Safety: contains cross-Canada resources to help clients achieve occupational health & safety (OHS) compliance
- Human Rights: resources include guidance on preventing and responding to discrimination and differential treatment in the workplace. These include human rights, accessibility and pay equity laws.
- Minimum Standards: cross-Canada survey of minimum working standards, variously referred to as "employment standards" or "labour standards"
- Policies & Training: collection of key workplace policies and training materials addressing workplace harassment and violence, confidentiality, social media use, and more
- Restrictive Covenants, Confidentiality & IP: resources on protecting an organization's sensitive commercial information and intellectual property (IP) from misuse by employees
- Termination: collection of end-of-employment scenarios with a view to minimizing employer liability
- Additional Workplace Topics: a host of resources covering other topics that are essential to understanding Canadian employment law
Compare across jurisdictions with Provincial Q&A
Provincial Q&As provide high-level jurisdictional overviews on specific topics and can be compared via the comparison tool.
Get jurisdictional insight on:
- Accidental Reporting and Investigation
- Statutory Holidays
- Harassment & Violence in the Workplace
- Statutory Pregnancy Leave and Parental Leave
- Union Certification
Interested in learning more about resources on Practical Law Canada?
Complete the form or contact us directly at 1-844-717-4488.Try it free today