PRACTICAL LAW CANADA: EMPLOYMENT
Cross-Canada employment law insight to serve clients more effectively
Why Practical Law Canada Employment
Practical Law Canada Employment provides cross-jurisdictional insight on a spectrum of employment law topics to help you stay on top of key changes in the law and confidently address matters.
Employment law is a fast-moving area of law that generates a significant amount of case law and legislative changes. With Practical Law Canada Employment, you get access to constantly updated resources that reflect the rapid changes in law so that you can spend less time updating materials and more time addressing matters.
Subtopics in Employment
Employment includes know-how resources in the following areas:
- Contracts: surveys common issues that counsel will encounter in drafting or reviewing workplace contracts
- Corporate Transactions: resources touch on the employment law implications related to the purchase and sale of a corporation
- Discipline, Performance & Investigations: collection of resources on advising on worker performance and workplace misconduct
- Health & Safety: contains cross-Canada resources to help clients achieve occupational health & safety (OHS) compliance
- Human Rights: resources include guidance on preventing and responding to discrimination and differential treatment in the workplace. These include human rights, accessibility and pay equity laws.
- Minimum Standards: cross-Canada survey of minimum working standards, variously referred to as "employment standards" or "labour standards"
- Policies & Training: collection of key workplace policies and training materials addressing workplace harassment and violence, confidentiality, social media use, and more
- Restrictive Covenants, Confidentiality & IP: resources on protecting an organization's sensitive commercial information and intellectual property (IP) from misuse by employees
- Termination: collection of end-of-employment scenarios with a view to minimizing employer liability
- Additional Workplace Topics: a host of resources covering other topics that are essential to understanding Canadian employment law
Compare across jurisdictions with Provincial Q&A
Provincial Q&As provide high-level jurisdictional overviews on specific topics and can be compared via the comparison tool.
Get jurisdictional insight on:
- Accidental Reporting and Investigation
- Statutory Holidays
- Harassment & Violence in the Workplace
- Statutory Pregnancy Leave and Parental Leave
- Union Certification
Interested in learning more about resources on Practical Law Canada?
Complete the form or contact us directly at 1-844-717-4488.