Frequently Asked Questions
You will find all your answers to the questions below.
Click on a question below to read the answer.
Conference and registration
- Why should I attend the conference?
• Interact with key support and training staff
• Provide direct feedback to our development team
• Network with peers
• Take part in workshops (see agenda) designed to make your firm more productive and more profitable
• Hear from other DT Tax & Accounting professionals discussing using technology to further grow your business
• Hear from exceptional speakers
• Earn CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits
- Who can attend the conference?
The Synergy Canada conference is exclusively for users of products of the DT Professional Suite.
- When is the conference?
Synergy Canada will take place October 17 and 18, 2019.
- Where is the conference?
The conference takes place at Château Vaudreuil Hotel & Suites, 1700 route Transcannadienne, Vaudreuil, Quebec, J7V 8P3.
- What is the conference about?
Our agenda is filled with content and ideas for using technology to increase your firm’s efficiency and profitability. Meet our staff, participate in our workshops, discover what the future holds for the DT Professional Suite product line and give your feedback to the people who make your business more profitable every year.
- How do I register?
1. Visit www.thomsonreuters.ca/synergycanada
2. Click on the "Register Now" buttons near the top of the Synergy pages or links on the right menu to register.
3. Follow the instructions to complete your registration.
- How much will it cost for me to attend the Synergy Conference?
The Synergy Conference fees are $250 per attendee (Early Bird Specials are $200 until June 30, 2019, $225 from July 1 to August 31, 2019) plus applicable taxes.
- What payment methods are accepted for Synergy registration?
All major credit cards are accepted (American Express, Visa and MasterCard).
- Can I register on site on the day of the event?
Unfortunately, you may not register on site on the day of the event.
- What is the refund policy?
A full refund will be issued if registration is cancelled up to 7 days prior to the event. No refunds are possible after this point.
- What is the language of the speakers and events at the conference?
This year, the English and French Synergy Conference will be held on separate days. Make sure you are registered for the appropriate event when completing your registration online.
- Can I get copies of the material presented at the conference?
A copy of all the material used at the Synergy Conference will be emailed to all our attendees in the days following the conference.
- Is there an additional cost for workshops?
No, the cost of workshops is included in your registration fee.
- How many workshops are available?
There are a total of 4 workshops. Attendees can select to attend up to 2 workshops.
- How many participants are in each workshop?
Workshop sizes will not exceed 80 participants.
- May I attend only the workshops at a reduced cost?
No, workshops are included in the registration cost.
- What if 2 workshops I wish to attend are taking place at the same time?
We regret that we are not able to adjust the workshop schedule to accommodate all registrants.
- Will I need to bring writing materials or a laptop to the workshops?
Writing materials will be included in your attendee’s bag. No computer is required.
- Do I need to contact the hotel to book my reservation?
It’s easy to make your reservations online or you can call the Château Vaudreuil Hotel & Suites directly at 450 455-0955 or 1 800 363-7896 and ask for the Thomson Reuters Synergy Conference group rate. For more info, visit www.thomsonreuters.ca/synergycanada.
- How much does the guest room cost?
Benefit from the preferred rate of $169 (plus applicable taxes) for a simple and elegant suite until September 16, 2019. These suites have a master bedroom which is separated by the living room with French doors. The bedroom is equipped with a king-size bed and the living room includes a pull-out bed. After September 16th, the cost for the guest room will be subject to the hotel’s daily rate.
- How do I book the guest room?
Please contact Château Vaudreuil Hotel & Suites at 450 455-0955 or 1 800 363-7896 or via the online reservation website to make your hotel reservation.
- Is there parking at the hotel and how much does it cost?
Parking is available at no extra cost.
- Why should I stay at the Château Vaudreuil Hotel & Suites?
We strongly recommend that you stay at the Château Vaudreuil Hotel & Suites to ensure you can take advantage of the included breakfast on Friday morning starting at 8:00 a.m. You also avoid any headaches associated with the commute, parking and other unpredictable events when you stay at the hotel.
- Will Internet access be available?
WI-FI high-speed Internet is free and will be made available during the conference, as well as VPN capabilities. Access instructions will be displayed the day of the conference.
- Where do I pick up my badge?
You may pick up your badge and attendee’s bag at the registration table between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m. Please try to arrive early to give yourself plenty of time for a hearty breakfast and some time to mingle before Synergy begins.
Guest room reservation and parking